The following are sample energy exercises one can perform on oneself, excerpted from Donna Eden’s ‘Energy Medicine.’
Tap or Massage these three points for fifteen to twenty seconds each. Breathe deeply as you tap – in through your nose and out through your mouth
- K-27: Tapping these points will energize you if you’re feeling sluggish. It will also help you focus. If your energies are flowing backwards, tapping will “flip” your energies to flow in the proper direction. Ex: Use this when tired driving. (2 small indents 1” down from the throat notch and 1” outward)
- Thymus: Tapping the thymus wakes it up so that it can help you fight off negative energies and boost your vitality. Ex: Use this when under intense emotional distress. (2” below K-27, at center of sternum)
- Spleen: The spleen is central to the functioning of the immune system. (Tap both sides – 2 points – under both breasts, then one rib away toward sides
Triple Warmer Stress Poses
- Place thumbs over index finger nails and place remaining three fingers of each hand across forehead and facing each other. Breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth for about 1-2 minutes.
- Gently rub around and slightly above each ear simultaneously, several times.
- Triple Warmer Spleen Hug. Cross arms by putting right hand on bottom of rib cage on left side of body, then place left hand over back of upper right arm above elbow. Just sit and hold for about two minutes…Easy to do in public places.
- Place palm over forehead and other hand over upper back of head. For ++stress.
- Temporal Taps – Tap around the ears, both sides together. You can do this while saying to yourself “I’m safe now. I’m ok, all is well:..or other calming words…..
- NV Holding Points – Lightly hold thumb, fore and middle fingers (bunched) of either hand at or slightly above the throat notch. Place flat palm of other hand at the temple. Hold until you feel synchronized pulses, or longer for deeper relaxation response, then switch positions.
- Self-Hug: Cross your arms over your chest, hands on your shoulders. Breathe.
- Trace TW in Reverse: Place opposite hand at temple, inhale, smooth behind ear and down neck. Exhale and smooth hand across shoulder, down back of arm, and pull the energy off the ring finger. Repeat on opposite side.
- Start with fingers of both hands meeting in the center of the forehead. Press in and drag the fingers out to the temples.
- Move the fingers back to the center of the forehead in a position slightly higher than the first time, and pressing in, drag the fingers out to the sides of the head.
- Repeat this pattern (pressing in at the center of the head and dragging the fingers out to the side) up across the whole center of the head and down the back neck area. Finish by shaking energy off fingers.
Homolateral Cross Crawl
- Sitting or standing. ( II )Raise the right leg and swing the right arm forward and tap your hand on your thigh, and begin alternating legs and marching in place for 10x, making sure that the pattern created is the same arm and the same leg. Stop.
- ( X )Raise the right leg and swing the left arm forward, tap thigh, and begin marching in place for 10x, making sure that the pattern created is opposite arm to opposite leg.
- Also be sure to swing the arm from your side across the middle of your body to tap your hand on the opposite thigh. Stop.
- ( II )Repeat step 1.
- ( X )Repeat step 2.
- ( X )Repeat step 2 one last time.
- Sitting down, cross the left ankle over the right ankle.
- Stretch the arms out in front of the body turned so that the back of the hands touch each other.
- From this position, cross the right wrist over the left, clasp the hands, and fold the arms under to bring the hands up to rest on the chest.
- Take 5 or more deep breaths, in through the nose with the tongue on the ridge behind the upper front teeth, and breathe out through the mouth with the tongue on the floor of the mouth.
- Repeat on other side by crossing right ankle over left and left wrist over right.
Wayne Cook Posture
- Sitting Down, place the right ankle on the left knee.
- Wrap the right hand around the ball of the right foot enclosing the toes if possible, and wrap the left hand around the right ankle. Wrists are crossed.
- Take 5-10 deep breaths. On the inhale, pull up slightly on the right foot, like a stretch. Also on the inhale, breathe in through the nose and place the tip of the tongue behind the upper front teeth on the ridge. During the exhale, release the tug on the right foot and exhale through the open mouth with the tongue on the floor of the mouth.
- Repeat steps 1 to three on the opposite leg.
- Make a triangle shape out of the fingers and thumbs, and place the thumbs in the center of the forehead, about one inch above the eyebrows.
- Take 5-10 deep breaths as in step 3, but pull up slightly on the thumbs against the forehead.
- Briskly tap first of the three thumps (k-27) by collarbone to insure meridians are moving in a forward direction.
- Rub hands together and then place one hand at the pubic bone, taking a deep in-breath as you move your hand straight up the center of your body, to your lower lip.
- Repeat three times
Separating Heaven and Earth
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart. Rub hands together briskly and place them palms down on front of each thigh. Feel the energy pass down the legs to the Earth, grounding you to the Earth.
- Inhaling, bring hands into a “prayer position” in front of the heart. Exhale.
- Inhaling, move right hand over head with palm up facing the sky, and move left hand down next to hip with palm facing the ground. Hold, and then exhale while returning to prayer position.
- Repeat step 3 on other side (left hand over head, right hand to ground).
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 one last time.
- When finished roll down at waist and hang with both arms dangling in front of legs. Rest for a minute, breathing normally.
- Begin making figure 8’s by swinging arms either together or individually in figure 8 pattern. Slowly bring hands, still making figure 8 motion, up the body to over the head, ending by visualizing the energy brought up the body flowing down the back of the body.
Heaven Rushing In
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart. Rub hands together briskly and place them palms down on front of each thigh. Feel the energy pass down the legs to the earth, grounding you to the earth.
- Inhaling, bring hands together into a “prayer position” in front of the heart. Hold for a few seconds. Exhale.
- Inhaling, reach both arms up over head, opening hands and heart to the energy rushing to you from heaven. Exhale, and hold this open position, breathing normally, for as long as you like.
- When done, move hands to heart area, bringing heaven’s energy with them. Feel the energy enter your being. Inhale slowly. Exhale slowly.
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart. Rub hands together briskly and place them 6 inches from ears, with palms facing in towards head.
- Inhaling, cross arms at elbows (or as close as possible) in front of face.
- Exhaling, sweep arms out to sides, with hands at shoulder height.
- Inhaling, cross arms at elbows in front of waist.
- Exhaling, sweep arms out to sides, with hands at waist height.
- Inhaling, and bending slightly at waist, cross arms at elbows in front of knees.
- Exhaling, and still bending, sweep arms out to sides at hips, with palms facing straight back.
- Still bending over, reach back behind you, turning your hands to face the front, and end by scooping the earth energy up over your head as you straighten up. Imagine the energies flowing back down all sides of your body.
Comprehensive Hook Up
- Place the middle finger of either hand in the navel. Pull up gently.
- Place the middle finger of the other hand in the center of the forehead, about one inch above the eyebrow level. Pull up gently.
- Breathing normally, hold this position until you experience the desire to take a deep breath or to sigh. When this happens, take a deep breath and release. Usually hold for about 2 minutes +or -…
- Place the middle finger of either hand in the navel. Pull up gently.
- Place other hand over k-27’s (collar bone thumping points)
- Place fingers in a vertical line over center of chest between breasts
- Place the middle finger of the other hand in the center of the forehead, about one inch above the eye brow level. Pull up gently.
- Place hand on GV 21 (baby soft spot on top of head) and fingers on GV 16 (hollow in middle of base of skull at neck)
- Place hand on small of back and middle finger/fingers of other hand sequentially on bump at top of spine, then in hollow in middle of base of skull at neck), then top of head, then in belly button.
Hold all positions for about 15 to 30 seconds or as long as it feels right to you…